Youth Advisory Council
The Country Fire Service Youth Advisory Council (YAC) is a group of young volunteers from across South Australia, who share a passion for young volunteers in the emergency services.
The YAC provides a great opportunity for young volunteers to:
- develop skills
- consult with the wider CFS community
- influence high level decision making.
The YAC plays a vital role in promoting youth and the benefits of young volunteers in the CFS.
The YAC is represented at various committees including the Chief Officers Advisory Council (COAC).
If you have queries regarding the YAC or want to raise local issues relevant to young volunteers, email CFS.YouthAdvisoryCouncil@sa.gov.au
A CFS where young people are actively involved, playing an important role in leadership and decision-making.
To provide young people in the CFS with a strategic voice by engaging them in the decision-making processes of the organisation.
The Youth Advisory Council (YAC) will:
- provide a youth perspective on issues
- identify and raise issues that are important to young volunteers in the CFS.
The YAC will do this by:
- connecting with young members of the CFS
- opening lines of communication between the CFS Chain of Command and young CFS members
- creating, monitoring and actively progressing youth strategies within the CFS Strategic Plan.