Extreme Fire Ban Text
- These are very hot, dry and windy conditions for a bush or grass fire.
- If a fire starts and takes hold, it will be unpredictable, move very fast and very difficult for fire fighters to bring under control.
- Spot fires will start and move quickly. Embers may come from many directions.
- Homes that are prepared to the highest level, have been constructed to bushfire protection levels and are actively defended may provide safety.
- You must be physically and mentally prepared to defend in these conditions.
- The safest place to be is away from bushfire prone areas.