Message ID: 0005263
Time Message Issued: 19:52
Date Message Issued: 11/01/2021
Origin / Name: BLACKFORD
Grass fire at Blackford, Lucindale, and Avenue Range in the Lower South East of South Australia
ISSUED FOR BLACKFORD
SA Country Fire Service (CFS) is currently in attendance at a grass fire in the Blackford, Avenue Range and Lucindale Areas of the Lower South East of South Australia. The fire currently has a Watch and Act message active and, although the fire conditions have abated, the fire is not yet contained.
The fire has burnt approximately 16,800ha of grass, and numerous buildings, fences and stock have been lost or damaged. The fire burnt into the township of Lucindale, although there has been no confirmed losses of houses.
CFS and Department of Environment and Water have 45 fire trucks and 200 firefighters, supported by farm fire units, fighting the fire.
The CFS also used 6 water bombing aircraft as well as 5 support aircraft at the height of the fire.
Department of Primary Industry South Australia (PIRSA) is assisting with the stock losses.
SAPOL have the Avenue Range Road between Reedy Creek and Lucindale is closed to all traffic. The Minnie Crowe Road South of Old Coach Road and Crower Road from Konetta Road is closed to everyone except local traffic. There is a lot of smoke across roads in the area, and if you are driving through the smoke you should slow down and drive with your headlights on. Anyone traveling on these roads should be mindful of fallen trees, and injured or dead livestock and animals.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Jan 11 2021 22:00
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message