Message ID: 0005274
Time Message Issued: 23:16
Date Message Issued: 11/01/2021
Origin / Name: BLACKFORD
Grass fire at Blackford, Lucindale, and Avenue Range in the Lower South East of South Australia
ISSUED FOR BLACKFORD
SA Country Fire Service (CFS) is currently in attendance at a grass fire in the Blackford, Avenue Range and Lucindale areas of the Lower South East of South Australia. The fire currently has an Advice message active and, although the fire conditions have slowed, the fire is not yet contained.
The fire has burnt approximately 16,800ha of grass with significant losses to fencing and livestock. The fire burnt into the township of Lucindale although there has been no confirmed losses of houses or structures.
CFS and Department of Environment and Water (DEW) have 45 fire trucks and 200 firefighters, supported by farm fire units, fighting the fire.
CFS aerial operations completed a total of 101 air drops assisting crews on the ground. Aerial operations have concluded for the day but will recommence on Tuesday should there be an operational need.
Department of Primary Industry SA (PIRSA) continue to assist with the stock losses.
SAPOL have roads closed in the area, please refer to the traffic.sa.gov.au for updates as these are changing with conditions. If you are driving through this area you should slow down and be aware of fallen trees, injured or deceased livestock and wildlife that may be on the roads.
For updates visit the CFS website www.cfs.sa.gov.au or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Jan 12 2021 10:00
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message