Message ID: 0005491
Time Message Issued: 21:22
Date Message Issued: 02/04/2021
Origin / Name: CHARLESTON
Smoke drifting from Charleston shed fire clean up
ISSUED FOR CHARLESTON
CFS crews are currently dismantling and extinguishing the remains of a large shed fire at Pfeiffer Road, Charleston in the Mount Lofty Ranges, South Australia.
Residents between Charleston and the Adelaide foothills should be aware that smoke may drift from the Charleston shed fire site towards Adelaide overnight as crews work to clean up the site.
CFS crews are in attendance and using heavy machinery to pull apart the remains of the hay bales and shed, causing various volumes of smoke to be produced.
Residents to the west of Charleston and suffering from breathing difficulties are advised to close all doors and windows and avoid going outside if smoke is present or increases.
Smoke may be present in the general area for several hours and does not need to be reported to Emergency Services.
If you live near the area and see active flames or fire, or another type of emergency that is not related to the Charleston shed fire clen up, please call 000.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Apr 03 2021 07:00
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message