Message ID: 0005473
Time Message Issued: 09:29
Date Message Issued: 22/03/2021
Origin / Name: COFFIN BAY
Coffin Bay National Park Prescribed Burn
ISSUED FOR COFFIN BAY
National Parks and Wildlife Service firefighting crews are being supported by SACFS to manage a prescribed burn at the entrance to Coffin Bay National Park.
Due to dry conditions, fire activity remains at a higher than expected level, but is being managed within their prescribed burn contingency plan. There is no immediate risk to the local community, but the fire may be causing a lot of smoke in the area.
Aerial support will be on standby at Port Lincoln Airport and National Parks and Wildlife Service will have a helicopter assisting in suppression activities.
Crews will remain on site until the incident is declared safe.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Mar 22 2021 10:53
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message