Message ID: 0006110
Time Message Issued: 18:43
Date Message Issued: 23/02/2022
Origin / Name: GLENBURNIE
GLENBURNIE FIRE UPDATE
ISSUED FOR GLENBURNIE
The SA Country Fire Service (CFS) advises that the fire burning within a pine plantation near Glenburnie, east of Mount Gambier in the Lower South East, has been controlled.
The fire started around 4:30pm on Tuesday, 22 February 2022, and burnt approximately 21 hectares of pine plantations.
Whilst a reduced threat has been issued for this fire, forestry crews from One Forty One, supported where appropriate by CFS and other forest industry brigades, will be continuing with firefighting activities for a number of days as piles of pine residue continue to burn within control lines.
As such, the public should be aware that there will be emergency vehicle traffic in the area, and smoke is likely to continue to be visible over the coming days.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Feb 24 2022 10:00
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message