Message ID: 0006150
Time Message Issued: 17:30
Date Message Issued: 03/04/2022
Origin / Name: HAMILTON
Grass Fire Near Kapunda/Marrabel Road, Hamilton
ISSUED FOR HAMILTON
CFS firefighters are attending to a grass fire that is currently burning along the Kapunda/Marrabel Road, approximately 3 kilometers south of Hamilton township, in South Australia.
The CFS has responded with approximately 20 firefighters in 7 tankers and 2 bulk water carriers.
The fire has already burnt 40 hectares of grass and paddocks.
SAPOL has assisted in closing the Marrabel/Kapunda Road as CFS firefighters work to put out the fire which has jumped over the road.
Local traffic is advised to avoid this area as CFS crews are working along the road.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Apr 03 2022 19:06
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message