Message ID: 0005216
Time Message Issued: 16:42
Date Message Issued: 01/01/2021
Origin / Name: HAPPY VALLEY
HAPPY VALLEY FIRE UPDATE
ISSUED FOR HAPPY VALLEY
CFS Volunteers are currently attending a fire near Education Road, Happy Valley. The fire is impacting on the community around Education Road, Singer Drive, Kalev Court, Humber Court and Rudge Close.
The fire is approximately 1 hectare in size and is burning in steep and hard to access terrain. Ground crews, with the assistance of aircraft, have managed to stop the fire from spreading, but there are still large fuel loads on the fire's edge that could flare up and pose a risk.
Education Road has been closed in both directions to ensure the safety of emergency services working in the area. It is unknown when the road will be re-opened. A full list of current road closures is available at www.police.sa.gov.au/your-safety/road-safety/road-closures
It is expected that crews will continue to work on the fireground overnight and will monitor the area over the coming days.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Jan 01 2021 20:00
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message