Message ID: 0006869
Time Message Issued: 12:49
Date Message Issued: 04/04/2023
Origin / Name: KANGAROO FLAT
Kangaroo Flat, Red Banks Road
ISSUED FOR KANGAROO FLAT
At approximately 6.30 am on Tuesday 4 April, the South Australian Country Fire Service was alerted to a haystack fire 5km North West of Gawler in the Mid North.
The fire spread to approximately 50 hay bales. CFS crews have contained the fire with only a small number of bales left alight and have handed the scene back to the landowner for continued monitoring. Smoke is continued to be seen in the area and may be visible over Red Banks Road, Kangaroo Flat Road and in the vicinity of the Ward Belt area. No roads are closed, but road restriction signs are in place.
Motorists around the area may experience reduced visibility and are encouraged to proceed with caution. Residents with breathing difficulties should remain inside and close windows and doors or move to a location away from smoke.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Apr 04 2023 17:00
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message