Message ID: 0005203
Time Message Issued: 15:38
Date Message Issued: 31/12/2020
Origin / Name: KEITH
Hay Shed Fire at Mount Monster in the Upper South East of South Australia
ISSUED FOR KEITH
A hay shed is burning close to the Mount Monster Conservation Park, near Keith, in the Upper South East. Local CFS volunteers attended the incident earlier today, and it's now being monitored by the land holder.
There are around 1500 bales of hay which are expected to smoulder over the coming days, producing smoke which may be visible from the Riddoch Highway and the Dukes Highway.
At times smoke may drift across the Riddoch Hwy, Carew Road and Range Road which may reduce visibility. If you are driving in smoke please slow down and keep your headlights on.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Jan 04 2021 10:00
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message