Message ID: 0006127
Time Message Issued: 19:41
Date Message Issued: 02/03/2022
Origin / Name: KORUNYE
Hay Stack Fire near Mallala and Two Wells in the Adelaide Plains
ISSUED FOR KORUNYE
The Country Fire Service advises that crews are continuing their work in extinguishing a hay stack fire near Mallala and Two Wells in the Adelaide Plains.
Crews are pulling apart the hay stack which will allow the hay to burn down safely and under controlled conditions. This is causing a significant amount of smoke to be present around the Paddys Bridge Road and surrounding areas.
This hay stack fire will continue to burn for the next 24 hours.
Hazards in the area may include reduced visibility due to smoke as well as the presence of emergency vehicles operating in the area. People with breathing difficulties should remain indoors and close windows and doors or move to a location where they will not be impacted by smoke.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Mar 03 2022 12:00
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message