Message ID: 0005527
Time Message Issued: 10:42
Date Message Issued: 23/04/2021
Origin / Name: MURBKO
Smoke from reed fire on island at Murbko
ISSUED FOR MURBKO
There is a reed fire at MURBKO north of BLANCHETOWN in the Mid Murray area of South Australia.
CFS crews are currently attending a reed fire on an isolated island of approximately 8m by 300m at Murbko.
Two CFS crews and SES crews are currently working to extinguish and control the fire.
The island is against a steep cliff/riverbank, so access is limited.
Crews will continue to monitor and attempt to extinguish the fire over the next few days and intermittent plumes of smoke may rise from the reed fire as crews continue to extinguish areas.
There is no current risk to the public and crews will remain on site while the fire continues to burn.
This fire was first reported at 11:42pm last night.
The cause of the fire is being investigated.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: 23/04/2021 12:42
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message