Message ID: 0005453
Time Message Issued: 19:14
Date Message Issued: 22/02/2021
Origin / Name: PEWSEY VALE
Rowland Flat Fire
ISSUED FOR PEWSEY VALE
There is a Grass Fire at Pewsey Vale near Rowland Flat and Tanunda in Barossa,in South Australia.
A Watch and Act warning message has been issued for this fire. Refer to the CFS website for the most up to date warning information.
CFS crews are actively working to extinguish the fire.
Around 73 CFS firefighters are currently working on the fireground, along with 6 aircraft, including fire bombers and observational aircraft.
This fire may be causing a lot of smoke in the area, particularly towards Rowland Flat and Tanunda and members of the community are urged to take care, particularly if driving, and stay alert to changing conditions. You are advised to close all doors and windows and stay indoors if the smoke is causing you concern.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Feb 22 2021 21:01
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message