Message ID: 0005456
Time Message Issued: 23:00
Date Message Issued: 22/02/2021
Origin / Name: PEWSEY VALE
PEWSEY VALE / ROWLAND FLAT FIRE
ISSUED FOR PEWSEY VALE
More than 100 CFS firefighters responded to a grass fire that ignited in Pewsey Vale shortly after 5pm this evening. They were supported by six aircraft and eight local Farm Firefighting Units who worked with crews on the ground to contain the fire by 9pm preventing it from spreading to nearby towns.
16 drops were made by CFS aircraft which helped to slow the fire that was burning in hilly and difficult to access terrain.
CFS crews will be patrolling the fireground overnight to ensure that no flare ups occur and more crews will be on the ground in the morning.
An observational aircraft will be dispatched in the morning to again assist ground crews from the sky.
This fire may continue to cause a lot of smoke in the area, particularly towards Rowland Flat and Tanunda and members of the community are urged to close all doors and windows and stay indoors if needed.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Feb 23 2021 09:00
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message