Message ID: 0004740
Time Message Issued: 09:00
Date Message Issued: 18/01/2020
Origin / Name: RAVINE
Incident Update for Ravine Fire on Kangaroo Island
ISSUED FOR RAVINE
Overnight crews responded to several trees fires and minor incidents. Work continues on mopping up and blacking out.
Subject to suitable weather conditions a burn is planned to commence this afternoon to the west of Vivonne Bay.
The aim of the burn is to provide strategic protection for the township and to assist in preventing the further spread of fire to the east under the forecast fire weather for Wednesday.
Residents in this area need to be aware that they may see smoke and flame from this planned event.
For any unattended fires please call Triple Zero (000).
As part of the ongoing power restoration efforts powerlines are being replaced near the Playford Highway to the east of Parndana.
Due to terrain and vegetation a drone will be used to complete the task of slinging a replacement powerline.
Drone use when aerial fire fighting operations are occurring is usually not allowed, however the planning for this has been done in consultation with CFS air operations.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: 18/01/2020 18:00
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message