Message ID: 0004781
Time Message Issued: 09:29
Date Message Issued: 23/01/2020
Origin / Name: RAVINE
Incident Update for Ravine Fire on Kangaroo Island
ISSUED FOR RAVINE
Rain fell across most of the fire ground overnight with over 5mm recorded at Cape Borda.
There are 125 firefighting personnel and 40 vehicles working on this fire today.
Crews are continuing work on blacking out and mopping up as there are still hot spots and burning logs.
Late afternoon there may be some flareups however with the more favourable weather crews will be able to address these quickly.
The strong winds yesterday may have brought down trees and left other debris across roads.
Crews are currently assessing and clearing the roads and some roads previously open to residents may be re-closed until made safe.
SA Power Networks are continuing work on repairing lines to restore power.
Moisture can cause electrical insulators, damaged by the fire, to crack and so power outages may occur as these are identified and fixed.
Asbestos removal crews are working in the area to the west of Parndana today.
Parks crews are assessing the damage to infrastructure in the reserves and undertaking restoration work.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: 24/01/2020 09:00
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message