Message ID: 0006049
Time Message Issued: 08:25
Date Message Issued: 12/02/2022
Origin / Name: TICKERA
TICKERA HAYSTACK FIRE
ISSUED FOR TICKERA
The CFS advises that crews are responding to a haystack fire at a farming property at Tickera on the upper Yorke Peninsula, approximately 20km north east of Kadina.
Smoke from this fire is visible for kilometres and CFS expects the smoke may be visible for most of the day.
CFS crews, Farm Fire Units and the property owner are in attendance and are currently pulling the haystack apart and this will cause smoke to be ongoing for sometime.
Volunteer firefighters will be in attendance at this fire for most of the day working alongside the property owner to extinguish the fire.
If smoke is impacting you, you are advised to close all doors and windows or move to another area where there is no smoke.
For updates visit the CFS website (www.cfs.sa.gov.au) or phone the Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: Feb 12 2022 10:07
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan
- Decide what you will do if the situation changes
- Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.
Do not rely on a single source for warning information.
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
End of Message