News and Media
We are committed to keeping South Australians informed and educated about emergency incidents and fire safety preparation.
We have a range of resources available:
- visit our media releases page for incident warning messages, community safety initiatives and general CFS information
- watch our videos
- join the conversation by accessing our social media feeds
- download the Alert SA free mobile app for the most comprehensive source of official real-time event and warning information in South Australia. This includes:
- power outages
- road closures
- traffic and transport disruptions
- emergency relief and recovery information
Our email subscription service provides information on:
- other incidents we are attending
- useful CFS information
- diary dates.
Please email us to subscribe.
Contacting CFS Media and Communications
All media enquiries should be directed to the CFS Media Line (08) 8212 9849.
Operating hours for general media enquiries are between 7am – 6pm Monday to Friday, with extended hours and on weekends during major incidents.
The media, particularly local emergency broadcast radio stations, is an important partner of the CFS during emergencies.
The media also assists us to raise awareness about bushfire preparation, and generates recognition for the invaluable efforts of CFS volunteers among the broader community.
CFS Media Line 08 8212 9849
Senior Media and Communications Officer
Phone: (08) 8463 5543
Media and Communications Officer
Phone: (08) 8463 4159